CivilM+ is an independent international civil society platform, which mission is to active integration of civil initiatives to restore the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts as peaceful, integrated and developed regions as part of a democratic Ukraine and a united European
space, with the active participation of the region’s population and those who have left the region due to the conflict.
The CivilM+ platform offers its participants the opportunity to collaborate as part of joint initiatives and projects, to develop and express joint positions, provide mutual support and solidarity, systematise knowledge, raise levels of qualification and improve coordination.
Platform CivilM + was launched in December 2017 thanks to the joint effort of the civil society representatives from Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France.
The main tasks of the platform include the following:
- the widening of trust and cooperation between the civil societies of various countries and between differing spheres of activity,
- the monitoring, observation and documentation of human rights violations, hate crimes and war crimes,
- the implementation of civilian accompaniment of official peace negotiations and strengthening of the influence of civil society on them,
- the engagement of the region’s citizens in the region’s recovery, include those who left the region because of the conflict and the introduction of the principles of transitional justice,
- the protection of victims of human rights violations and assistance in holding violators of such rights on all sides of the conflict accountable,
- the engagement of citizens living in the conflict zone, in other regions of Ukraine, in Russia and in other countries in a process of dialogues, aimed at managing the conflict and its consequences, including using the methods of people’s diplomacy,
- the involvement of internally displaced people and the population of the regions of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts not controlled by the Ukrainian government in civilian activity, as well as reintegrating them into Ukrainian society,
- informing the public about the conflict in Donbas on a local, national and international level and cooperation with the media,
- the development of communication and collaboration of civil society institutes with regional and international institutions from the spheres of state, economy, education and others,
- aiding the transparency of regulatory processes of the conflict,
- acting against disinformation and hate speech,
- supporting projects, programmes and events connected with various aspects of the platform’s activity,
- the organisation of educational and informational events, projects and programmes, aimed at strengthening civil organisations, taking part in the resolution of the conflict in Donbas and facilitating the realisation of the above tasks.